CREAMY LEMON PEPPER AND APPLE VINEGAR CHICKEN
Creamy lemon pepper and apple cider vinegar chicken with smashed baby potatoes, sweet carrots, creamed spinach and white rice with gravy. Apple cider vinegar is very underrated in using with meat and chicken. It provides a unique flavour and enhances the lemony tang.
- 8 pieces of chicken (bone in)
- baby potatoes pre-cooked in microwave (skin on)
- oil for shallow frying the chicken and potatoes
- lemon and black pepper seasoning
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 100 ml dry white wine (I used champagne as I had a bit left over … yes unbelievable)
- 200 ml cream
Heat a heavy based non stick pan with a lid. Fry the chicken pieces and boiled potatoes in just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the lemon and black pepper seasoning over the meat and potatoes, turning until it’s got a golden colour. Once the chicken has a golden brown colour, add the apple cider vinegar and deglaze the pan.
Add the wine/champagne and allow to simmer with lid on until the chicken is done.
Press the potatoes with the back of a fork until the skins burst. Add the cream and stir gently through to mix.
It won’t be a lot of gravy but it will be very flavoursome.
Serve with rice.
Photo and recipe: Elsabie Templeton