CITRUS SALAD WITH FENNEL AND AVOCADO
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons almond flakes
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Make the dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, grapefruit juice, garlic, palm sugar and Dijon mustard.
Make the salad:
Combine the fennel, avocado, grapefruit, orange and spinach in a large salad bowl.
Add shaved pieces of the parmesan and flaked almonds.
Drizzle with the citrus dressing and season with the salt and pepper and serve.
Recipe and photo: Louise Venter