CHICKEN WITH GARLIC AND APRICOT
The garlic in this dish adds amazing flavour. The apricot jam not only adds sweetness but ensures the chicken becomes deliciously sticky.
- 6-8 chicken pieces
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60 ml smooth apricot jam
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic bulb, lightly crushed (optional)
- 15 ml apricot jam, heated
- handful of fresh coriander or parsley, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Mix the garlic, jam, lemon juice and zest well and brush all over the chicken.
Arrange the chicken and garlic bulb (if using) in a roasting pan and cover with foil. Roast for 40 minutes.
To finish: Turn the chicken over and brush with the heated apricot jam. Roast for another 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Sprinkle the herbs over and serve.
Recipe posted by Elize de Kock
Photo: Elize de Kock and Adam Cloete