CHEESE AND BACON PUFFS
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- 3 bacon rashers, chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 310 g canned corn, optional
- ½ cup spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
Combine cheese, bacon, onions, spring onions, corn, shallots and flour in a large bowl.
Add the egg, milk and mustard and mix well.
Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture on oven trays lined with baking paper. They will spread slightly.
Bake at 180ºC for approximately 20 minutes.
Photo: Sarie van Vuuren